Donation Refund Policy
Institute for Civil Society Ltd. have developed a donation refund policy as part of our commitment to honouring and respecting the financial contributions that people make to Institute for Civil Society Ltd. We recognise the importance of donations and want to ensure we establish appropriate principles of transparency and fairness in regard to the management of refunds.
This policy outlines the circumstances under which Institute for Civil Society Ltd. will refund a donation.
This policy applies to all those who make financial donations to Institute for Civil Society Ltd. as well as to Institute for Civil Society Ltd. employees and volunteers responsible for processing and managing financial donations.
Institute for Civil Society Ltd. expects that anyone wishing to donate consider their decision carefully and check donation amounts during transactions.
Institute for Civil Society Ltd. recognises that it is possible to make an error when making an on line donation. Under this policy Institute for Civil Society Ltd. will endeavour to refund donations in accordance with the following principles:
- If an error is made in making on line donation, we will consider all requests for refund that are made in writing within 30 days of the date the donation was made. The written refund request should include the details of the initial transaction including date, donation amount, donor’s name, ID, receipt number and the nature of the error.
- Requests for refund can be sent online via our contact form.
- Institute for Civil Society Ltd. will fully examine all requests for refund and endeavour to ensure that genuine errors are rectified, however we are under no obligation to give refunds and the decision on refunds will be at Institute for Civil Society Ltd.’s discretion
- If an amount is adjusted by Institute for Civil Society Ltd., the original receipt issued for the incorrect amount will become invalid and a new receipt will be issued for the amount of the adjusted donation
- Institute for Civil Society Ltd. reserves the right to pass any refund transaction charged onto the donor
- Refunds will be returned using the original method of payment – if donation has been made by credit card, the refund must be credited to that same credit card
All Institute for Civil Society Ltd. employees and volunteers responsible for receiving and processing donations shall:
- respect and value all those who donate to Institute for Civil Society Ltd.
- ensure donation processes are secure and transparent
- build trusting relationships with regular donors and partners
- respond proactively to any issues arising in regard to donation refunds
- communicate respectfully and professionally with those who request a refund or raise any issues or concerns that arise with Institute for Civil Society Ltd. management regarding donation refunds.